Mint Mobile and Republic Wireless are two American telecommunication companies that use T-Mobile Network. Both of them are offering mobile phone services and cellular networks. You may get confused about which one of these providers you have to choose. Here, we give the detail to help you to get the best one.
Mint Mobile VS Republic Wireless
Mint Mobile operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator on T-Mobile Network. This provider started its business in 2015 as Mint SIM. The business was run by David Glickman as CEO and Rizwan Kassim as Managing Partner.
This company was acquired by actor Ryan Reynolds in 2019. Nowadays, people can choose one of the 4 data plans. Users only spend around $15 to $30 per month to get 4GB up to unlimited data per month. The plans are also compatible with 4G and 5G LTE technology.
The plans provide its users with unlimited talk and text and cover all areas in the US. Mint Mobile achieved several awards, including the best cell phone plan of 2021 and the best cell phone plans. This company also offers two Apple iPhone products with free 4GB data for 3 months.
Republic Wireless is well-known as an American mobile virtual network that sells low-price mobile phones. This company also has a business relationship with T-Mobile. This business started in 2010 by offering wireless service for only $19 per month.
LG Optimus S and Motorola Defy XT were two brands that used beta services by Republic Wireless in 2011 and 2012. The latest news explains that Dish Network acquired this company in March 2021. Nowadays, Republic Wireless offers 4 data plans.
The plans are great for users who need to talk and texting and also 1GB to 2GB of data. This company even allows its users to customize their data needs. The cost of the plans is similar to Mint Mobile, in which users only have to spend $15 to $30 per month for their favorite plans.
Pros and Cons
- The plans cover unlimited talk and text
- Free call to Mexico, Canada
- The plans are compatible with 5G LTE data
- It offers 6 months and 12 months plans after the 3 months plans end.
- The plans support its users with 4GB to 15GB up to unlimited data.
- Users can use free mobile hotspots in areas with no Wi-Fi.
- Use Wi-Fi for calling and texting
- Free 3-in1 SIM card when other providers take charge.
- Support 7-day money back guarantee.
- 10-day return service for an unused SIM card.
- The services are limited only to T-Mobile
- Users need to use data for all plans
- The free mobile hotspot service is only for 5G mobile hotspots on unlimited plans.
- The plans are only for 3 months, although users can renew them.
- The company doesn’t create family plans.
- All the plans cover unlimited talk and text
- Users can customize the data they need up to 15GB per month.
- Users can use their phones and cell data as a hotspot.
- The plans are suitable for home phone service.
- Users get a discount for taking the annual plans.
- The company minimizes data by offering Wi-Fi plans over cellular plans.
- The company offers additional data for only $5 per month up to 15GB.
- Easy to order the phone or SIM kit with three simple steps.
- The plans are only for 4G.
- The company doesn’t have plans for 5G.
- There are no plans for users who often call abroad.
Mint Mobile is a good option for users who often use a lot of data, whereas Republic Wireless is for those who use data situationally or infrequently. Users who often use their mobile phones for calling or communicating abroad may take Mint Mobile instead of Republic Wireless.
Republic Wireless doesn’t have any international plans. Mint Mobile can be the strongest option for users because it supports 4G and 5G. On the other hand, Republic Wireless only supports 4G so far.